Dates and topics announced for 8th AIDF Global Disaster Relief Summit 2016
The 8th annual AIDF Global Disaster Relief Summit will return to the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center, Washington D.C. on 7-8 September 2016.
AIDF Global Disaster Relief Summit brings together all stakeholders involved in disaster response, including government agencies, United Nations, Red Cross, NGOs, donors and foundations, military, relief agencies, the private sector and international media.
This year’s programme will consists of world-class keynote addresses, humanitarian logistics led presentations and panel debates, as well as ample networking opportunities, creating a stimulating and interactive platform for a high-level industry discussion.
Themes for 2016 include:
- Lessons learnt from recent disaster responses globally
- Engaging and communicating with communities
- How to improve emergency collaboration and communication
Emergency logistics & Procurement
- Emergency procurement and logistics
- Avoiding pitfalls in contract management and compliance
- Interactive simulation on Emergency logistics (hosted by NRS International & ALAN)
- Financing models for disaster relief
- Partnerships and best practice in ePayment initiatives for emergency response
- Crowdsourcing and strategic partnerships
- Big data challenges and solutions
- Update on the use of early-warning systems, GIS innovations and drones for disaster response
Health & Livelihoods
- Emergency health response, esp. disease control
- Improved refugee camp management, incl. WASH, shelter, power, security
- Health of aid workers
Register your participation now to join over 350 senior-level decision makers working at the forefront of the humanitarian aid and disaster relief operations across the USA and worldwide. Visit http://disaster-relief.aidforum.org for more information about the speakers, agenda and networking opportunities.
While we are still working on the agenda please get in touch with Sonja Ruetzel, Program & Events Director at firstname.lastname@example.org and share your advice, feedback and suggestions of topics or speakers you wish to see on the programme.
For media partnership enquiries, please contact Alina O'Keeffe, Marketing Manager at email@example.com