Webinar: Advice & Trends in Emergency Procurement and Humanitarian Aid
- Location: Online
- Date: 29 Jun 2017 16:00 - 29 Jun 2017 17:00
- Register Now
Join our webinar on ‘Advice & Trends in Emergency Procurement and Humanitarian Aid’ taking place on 29th June 2017 at 16:00 BST (GMT +1) / 11.00 EDT.
Kenny Cheung, Chief of Procurement, World Bank and Brian Corry, Acting Deputy Vice President, Contracts and Administration, Millennium Challenge Corporation will offer first-hand insight into:
- Good practice in sustainable procurement
- International procurement trends and business opportunities
- How to address common contracting and compliance pitfalls
- Best practice and guidelines for procuring goods and services during emergency scenarios
- Value for money: monitoring and evaluating your procurement decisions
- Benefits and risks of social sourcing in local markets near the emergency affected area
- Re-usability, sustainability and scalability
- Specific challenges of procuring ICT solutions
- How to improve supplier relationship management and long term partnerships
The webinar is aimed at private sector companies looking to supply humanitarian aid and development programmes and doing business with UN, bilateral and government agencies.
Who should attend?
- Representatives of private sector companies currently supplying humanitarian and development programmes, or who are interested in getting involved
- Procurement professionals at NGOs, UN agencies, donor and government agencies