AIDF Asia: Aid & Response Summit 2015 Dates Announced
Following four successful AIDF events in Asia, the Aid & International Development Forum is pleased to announce the AIDF Asia: Aid & Response Summit 2015 to take place at the United Nations Conference Centre in Bangkok on the 16-18 June 2015.
This summit looks at how technological innovations and best practice can improve aid and development work in South East Asia, especially with regards to building resilience and adapting to climate change, enabling quicker, safer and better emergency response, and ensuring more effective aid delivery and community engagement.
1 event 3 timely topics:
Mobile for Development - Disaster Risk & Resilience - Aid & Response Operations
Gathering 400+ senior representatives and advisors from regional governments, investors, UN agencies, NGOs, research institutes and the private sector, this unique summit will include high-level speakers and panellists providing insights, debate and advice on:
The agenda topics have been identified by AIDF in research with key organisations such IFRC, Asian Development Bank, UNOPS, UNDP, World Vision, WFP, ADRA, Mercy Corps, World Bank, Thai Red Cross, and IOM as well as regional governments.
- Vulnerabilities to climate change, disaster risks and uncertainties in South East Asia, focusing on existing regionally specific challenges and opportunities
- Impact of mobile technology and how it can be better utilized for development projects and disaster relief: data, financial inclusion, e-payments, e-leaning, networks
- M-health trends: tracking diseases, monitoring health indicators and use mobile devices for health advice and awareness
- Improving security and safety of aid and first-response workers and beneficiary communities before, during and after emergencies
- Changing technology landscape for disaster relief and resilience: early warning systems, distribution and operational efficiency, data collection, community safety
- Improving communication networks for aid initiatives
- Building Public-Private-(People)-Partnerships and cross-sector collaborations
- Promoting foreign and local investment in disaster response and aid deliveries
- Case studies on specific regional challenges and opportunities and improving regional capacity building, with a strong focus on at-risk groups
Register your interest now if you would like to join this event as attendee. If you are interested in speaking opportunities please contact Pierluigi Garibaldi on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any partnership opportunities please contact Agnes Gradzewicz on email@example.com.